Due to the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, within a year, real-time PCR has become a commonplace technology. Companies with limited history and capability of developing and manufacturing PCR assays have entered the infectious disease market to offer real-time RT-PCR assays for COVID-19.
Market has witnessed a huge influx of capital (government and private) going into development of new real-time PCR based platforms at all levels of infectious disease market segments; high-throughput reference laboratories, acute-care hospital testing, point-of-care and at-home testing.
Companies who have participated in the market during pandemic are now asking themselves what would we be selling after COVID? Majority of the market participants don’t have product offerings developed beyond COVID or Flu for current or new platforms. At BioGX, we see an opportunity to become an enabler for these companies to quickly offer expanded menu of infectious disease tests and become entrenched in the market.
BioGX has built the largest library of lyophilized, multiplex syndromic real-time PCR panels. These panels are readily available for the majority of the real-time PCR platforms – 96/384-well plate or cartridge-based Sample-to-Answer systems. BioGX lyophilized chemistry is like no other. BioGX has perfected its lyophilized chemistry over a decade achieving:
- Robust performance with a variety of sample types
- Rapid dissolution in water or buffers
- Established long-term shelf life
- Complete PCR chemistry with primers, probes, enzymes, salts, buffers included in a single tube as a cake or lyophilized bead packaged in a tube or cartridge
- 55+ multiplex syndromic panels covering over 200+ infectious disease targets
- Quantitated positive template controls are available in a lyophilized beads format for all targets
As a medical device manufacturer with a global network of distributors, BioGX can provide turnkey OEM contract manufacturing and escalated post-market quality/regulatory support for a partner’s medical device.