Technical Support Specialist at BioGX in Dallas, TX
Purpose of the Position: Responsible for providing technical support to BioGX customers and distributors including data analyses for all of BioGX product lines. The Technical Support Specialist also provides support to Molecular Application Specialists, Field Service Engineers and Territory Sale Executives. Perform excellent customer service, advanced administrative, company reporting and technical support operations for BioGX using excellent organizational skills, phone etiquette, written and verbal communication skills, and PC/cloud-based software application knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Provides phone and e-mail support.
- Documents customer reported complaints in the complaint management system.
- Follows procedures to ensure adequate complaint handling into call tracking database.
- Conducts preliminary investigation and data collection for technical problems of diverse scope.
- Escalates complaints to Product Support/Management team as necessary.
- Represents Technical Support in project and/or operations teams and communicates contributions and findings back to Product Support.
- Update and maintain processes, records and files, which may contain confidential information.
- Maintain confidentiality and high-level information under strict confidence.
- Receive customer POs and assist in the coordination of order flow fulfillment activities with manufacturing.
- Follow-up on deliveries when assigned.
- Assists with pick, pack and shipping activities.
- Perform and maintain job functions in compliance with QMS standards and regulatory affairs.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Relevant experience in Biochemistry/Molecular Biology.
- Customer Service experience.
- Product marketing experience.
- Good understanding and ability to follow complex procedures and processes.
- Extensive experience with real-time PCR.
- Knowledge of molecular diagnostics.
- Knowledge and application of commercial computer application packages (G-Suite, MS Office, IE, etc.).
- Knowledge of CRM software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Thrives in dynamic, fast-paced, and constantly changing environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, and with strong attention to detail.
- Flexible to work different shifts, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
Education and Experience: Bachelors in Biochemistry or Molecular Biology.
Language Skills: Must be proficient in writing, and communicating in the English language including presenting of data and results. Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Mathematical Skills: Must be consistent with level of education. Good problem solving, multi-tasking, judgment and decision making skills are required.
Reasoning Ability: Good problem solving, judgment and decision making skill are required. High degree of organizing skill, planning skill, prioritization skill. Multitasking ability.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: N/A
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work entails regularly performing tasks while working at a computer, desk, laboratory bench or automated machine. Work may involve occasional climbing or balance. Work entails occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. Work will require travel between buildings. This is typically completed by foot or by car.
The employee’s sensory modalities (vision, hearing, smell) and physical capabilities (ambulation without mechanical assistance, strength, coordination, dexterity, range of motion) must be sufficient to independently perform duties/functions of the position.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will involve a combination of office and biotechnology laboratory environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals, blood Bourne pathogens, automated equipment, and high levels of noise and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Insurance: Health, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision
- 401(k) with matching
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off