Team Lead, Manufacturing at BioGX in Birmingham, AL
Purpose of the Position:
The Manufacturing Team Lead will lead manufacturing Packaging & Shipping staff by organizing and monitoring work-flow, planning schedules, resources, product QC release and shipping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Accomplishes manufacturing Packaging & Shipping staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; developing reporting procedures and systems; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production Packaging & Shipping plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality standards by establishing and enforcing quality systems compliance and process improvements.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises processes and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms of control, implementing change in QMS.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel concerns by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops as required.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Understand, train personnel, and enforce strict adherence to the applicable quality and manufacturing operating procedures, company policy, and defined customer requirements.
- Assist in attaining quarterly and annual production goals.
- Learn and enforce company safety policies and practices.
- Lead and/or support Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the coordination and supervision of Manufacturing Packaging & Shipping staff.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and coordinate training of employees; planning, assigning, and supervising work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving personnel conflicts and problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interdisciplinary team building experience involving scientists, engineers, quality assurance, manufacturing, marketing and other participants in the medical device industry.
- Working knowledge of cGMP, international standards, and Quality Assurance systems.
- Strong computer skills having advanced knowledge and experience with current word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel), graphical, and file management software.
- Proficient in typing and keyboard topology.
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and high quality standards
Education and Experience: B.S. science or engineering or related discipline with at least 2 years leadership experience in an FDA/ISO regulated manufacturing environment.
Language Skills: Must be proficient in writing, and communicating in the English language including presenting of data and results. Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Mathematical Skills: Must be consistent with level of education.
Reasoning Ability: Good problem solving, judgment and decision making skill are required. High degree of organizing skill, planning skill, prioritization skill. Multitasking ability.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work entails regularly performing tasks while working at a computer, desk, laboratory bench or automated machine. Work may involve occasional climbing or balance. Work entails occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. Work occasionally requires travel between buildings. This is typically completed by foot or by car.
The employee’s sensory modalities (vision, hearing, smell) and physical capabilities (ambulation without mechanical assistance, strength, coordination, dexterity, range of motion) must be sufficient to independently perform duties/functions of the position.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will involve a combination of office and biotechnology laboratory environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals, blood borne pathogens, automated equipment, and high levels of noise and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Insurance: Health, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision
- 401(k) with matching
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off