The position executes a range of molecular biology procedures, reagent preparation, bioanalytical procedures, and laboratory duties under supervision. Performs laboratory duties while maintaining associated health and safety guidelines, and is also responsible for maintaining inventory of laboratory reagents and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
● Responsible for the day-to-day running of experiments and data analysis in the research and development laboratory.
● Responsible for carrying out work to company standards, including documentation, accurate record keeping, and maintaining related work schedules in order to support product development timelines.
● Prepares reagents and solutions as directed, using appropriate procedural and documentation methods, including industry standard good laboratory practices.
● Performs experiments and data analysis under supervision.
● Analyze, record, and compile experimental results and reports in laboratory notebook.
● Present results at meetings as required, and proposes new strategies and methods to address immediate and upcoming technical issues.
● Responsible for maintaining R&D stockroom supplies and inventory.
● Implements the company’s health and safety policies and procedures.
● Interacts with other internal departments, as necessary, to plan and expedite project objectives.
● Provides scientific support to permit completion of development and technology transfer objectives for molecular diagnostics products.
● Serve as the Process Owner for processes assigned by the BioGX Job Function Training Matrix and is responsible for the effective execution and relevancy of each
documented process assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Minimum 1 yr molecular biology or biochemistry laboratory experience post-B.S. degree
● First hand experience with assay formatting and development, biological sample handling, nucleic acid purification, molecular biology methods and techniques including PCR, PAGE/agarose electrophoresis
● Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to present data and results
● Excellent skills with Microsoft Word and Excel
Education and Experience: The ideal candidate will have a B.S. degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular biology or related field with 2 or more years of laboratory experience. Experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician is desirable.
Pay: Starting From $35,000.00 per year
- Insurance: Health, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision
- 401(k) with matching
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off