Molecular Sales Manager at BioGX – Dallas, Texas
Purpose of the Position: To represent our corporate services to customers and potential customers. Work with customers to create solutions and ensure a smooth sales process. Uncover new sales leads, through business directories, client referrals, tradeshow leads, cold calls, industry organizations, etc. Represent the face of our company to field based, new or existing, customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Close positive revenue generating business by using various customer sales methods (cold calling, presentations etc)
- Forecast sales
- Develop sales strategies to effectively generate new business opportunities and leads
- Evaluate customers skills, needs and build productive long lasting relationships
- Meet personal and team sales targets
- Research accounts and generate or follow through sales leads
- Attend meeting, sales events and trainings to keep abreast of the latest developments
- Report and provide feedback to management using financial statistical data
- Maintain and expand client database within your assigned territory
- Performs duties and responsibilities as assigned by Manager
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Reach potential customers through cold calling
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
- Continuously improve through feedback
- Travel to customer sites and tradeshows. (50%+)
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven sales experience
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Experience working with CRM program
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
- Computer use competency
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated and driven
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts and work under stressful conditions.
- Sound organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work weekends.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM databases, and the Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
Education and Experience: The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences. 10+ years of sales experience in healthcare industry.
Language Skills: Must be proficient in writing and communicating in the English language.
Mathematical Skills: Must be consistent with level of education.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work entails regularly performing tasks while working with a computer, desk, laboratory bench or automated machine. Work may involve occasional climbing or balance. Work entails occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
The employee’s sensory modalities (vision, hearing, smell) and physical capabilities (ambulation without mechanical assistance, strength, coordination, dexterity, range of motion) must be sufficient to independently perform duties/functions of the position.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will involve a combination of office and biotechnology laboratory environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals, blood-borne pathogens, automated equipment, and high levels of noise and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year