Molecular Applications Specialist at BioGX in Dallas, Texas
Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for on-site customer collaboration, training, education and troubleshooting. Must have the ability to support customers in all aspects of product creation, development, and implementation. Works independently and closely with Sales & Marketing coordinating customer implementation and actualization of our technology service. Responsible for a defined set of customers within territory and should have the ability to be flexible, think creatively and make customer satisfaction a priority.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
● Independently schedules and conducts collaboration, training, and field support activities at customer sites
● Performs technical and application support including troubleshooting via telephone, fax and computer (e-mail and Internet), and in person.
● Develops and maintains strong customer relationships by acting as a liaison between the customer and various departments at BioGx.
● Reports field issues, gathers information for complaint records and internal troubleshooting, defines and develops comprehensive solutions and provides necessary follow up to ensure customer satisfaction and technical issues are resolved.
● Contacts customers via email, telephone or in person.
● Provides follow up to customer calls as required and maintains clear and complete records of all customer interactions.
● Documents activities within the Zoho CRM system and classifies calls according to SOPs.
● Escalates issues to management as needed.
● Works closely with sales team in sales process to provide technical support
● Perform joint sales calls with sales team for customer planning, collaboration, and on-site Site Assessments as needed.
● Builds productive internal and external working relationships.
● Maintains proficiency in all BioGX molecular products.
● Maintains clinical knowledge of BioGX products.
● Monitors the competition and reports important activities (technical developments, trends within key accounts, seminars, training sessions, etc.).
● Represents BioGX at conferences, trade shows, workshops and seminars locally, regionally or nationally, as necessary.
● Assists with customer engagement programs at BioGX facilities, new hire training and other territory support as needed.
● Provides leadership and represents the voice of the customer (VOC) in cross functional teams in terms of development priorities, schedules and customer deliverables.
● Contributes to application notes, technical articles, technical and market training materials.
● Maintains administrative standards, is fiscally responsible, submits expense
reports within guidelines, and provides and maintains clear and complete records to comply with all elements of the Quality Management System relevant to the position.
● Provides backup to departmental coworkers.
● Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
● Requires greater than 50% travel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Ability to work independently and shows initiative when dealing with internal and external customers and projects.
● Ability to exercise discretion, foresight and independent judgment in performing duties.
● Knowledge and experience with BSL-2 procedures and understanding of procedures necessary for processing clinical specimens.
● Technical competency with the ability to stay current in technical knowledge to troubleshoot technical questions from customers and provide information back to the customer in a helpful, courteous, positive and professional manner.
● Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
● Strong and effective teaching and presentation skills.
● Computer experience, including PC network, Windows, Word, Excel, Internet and others.
● Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%+ of the time.
● Ability to organize, present, and convey complex problems or issues within and across other functions.
● Ability to multi-task and make independent decisions while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing priorities.
● Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing plans and circumstances.
● Strong attention to details and ability to bring customer situations to satisfactory completion in a timely manner.
● Valid Driver’s License. Valid passport as applicable.
● Experience setting up reagents/kits to the clinical or research market segments.
● Experience with automation.
● Experience working in a molecular diagnostics / clinical laboratory setting.
● Resource awareness – where to go to find answers.
● Familiarity with current clinical laboratory practices and guidelines.
Education and Experience: The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Life Sciences or related field with 10 years of laboratory and field experience or M.S. degree with 5+ years of laboratory and field experience.
Language Skills: Must be proficient in writing and communicating in the English language.
Mathematical Skills: Must be consistent with level education.
Reasoning Ability: Good problem solving, judgment and decision-making skills are required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will involve a combination of office and biotechnology laboratory environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals, blood borne pathogens, automated equipment, and high levels of noise and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Starting Salary: $50,000
- Insurance: Health, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision
- 401(k) with matching
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off