Manufacturing Tech at BioGX – Birmingham, AL
Purpose of the Position:
The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for general laboratory duties focused on manual and automated filling and packaging of standards, controls and panels for commercially available nucleic acid tests and other advanced reagents. The Manufacturing Technician is expected to follow standard operating procedures and quality systems documentation in a GMP environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Coordinates and executes reagent fill and pack procedures
- Updates manufacturing batch records for manufacturing’s review
- Maintains records and clean room environment to comply with good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures
- Assists in process scale-up to transition from pilot lots to full production-scale reagents filling and packaging
- Assists in inventory management
- Assists in maintaining production and laboratory equipment
- Dispense and aliquot chemicals and reagents from bulk containers
- Print and apply container labels
- Performs job functions in compliance with QMS standards.
- Supports continuous quality improvement
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven ability to deliver productivity to plan
- Must have excellent communication skills (listening, written, verbal, presentation)
- Proven math skills
- Experience with Excel
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work under aggressive timelines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Accurate and precise manual pipetting and measuring techniques
- Experience working with automated dispensing equipment is preferred, but not required
Education and Experience: High School degree or equivalent required. At least 2 years of hands-on experience in a GMP manufacturing environment.
Language Skills: Must be proficient in writing, and communicating in the English language including presenting of data and results. Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Mathematical Skills: Must be consistent with level education.
Reasoning Ability: Good problem solving, judgment and decision making skill are required. High degree of organizing skill, planning skill, prioritization skill. Multitasking ability.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: None required
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work entails regularly performing tasks while working at a computer, desk, laboratory bench or automated machine. Work may involve occasional climbing or balance. Work entails occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. Work occasionally requires travel between buildings. This is typically completed by foot or by car.
The employee’s sensory modalities (vision, hearing, smell) and physical capabilities (ambulation without mechanical assistance, strength, coordination, dexterity, range of motion) must be sufficient to independently perform duties/functions of the position.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will involve a combination of office and biotechnology laboratory environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals, blood-borne pathogens, automated equipment, and high levels of noise and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 – $14.50 per hour
- Insurance: Health, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision
- 401(k) with matching
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off