Director of Sales at BioGX in Dallas, TX
***REQUIRED – Please include a cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this position along with salary requirements.***
Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for executive leadership relative to planning and implementing sales, sales & customer support, and business partnership programs ensuring that the voices of customers and partners are heard, resulting in satisfied customers and achieving profitable revenue targets. Includes both short and long-range objectives for existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Reports to the Senior Vice President, Global Operations.
- Participates in key customer meetings and senior level business meetings.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans and sales forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services to achieve strategic corporate revenue and market expansion.
- Develops and manages sales, and sales & customer support operating budgets.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to industry and economic trends.
- Oversees and evaluates sales research and customer feedback. Makes recommendations to improve and adjusts to the sales strategy to meet changing customers, market, sales and competitive conditions.
- Routinely monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Actively establishes and maintains Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) relationships and connects with industry advocates, industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop sales & customer support and sales teams to expand partner and direct sales.
- Directs sales channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Represents the Company at key trade association meetings to promote services and product.
- Meets with key partners and clients to assist sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between sales departments and other sales related partners and channels.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Prepares periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotas and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Directs and clarifies customer requirements and input to research and development team.
- Acts as customer’s voice for internal teams.
- Represents BioGX at trade shows, conferences and distributor partner meetings.
- At times, may require greater than 50% overnight travel.
- Work with Director, Marketing & Product Support and Innovation to ensure achievement of the strategic goals and objectives of the business products.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises Sales & Customer Support Team members
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience of nucleic acid, PCR-based diagnostic test product development experience.
- Well organized and efficient with handling multiple tasks at the same time.
- Technical supervisory experience.
- Deep Market Knowledge of Diagnostic Industry including Cancer, infectious diseases and genetics.
- Experienced and competent in assay and platform development processes.
- Sales and executive management experience. Senior marketing experience is a plus.
- Connected with industry thought leaders for rapid market development.
- Proficient Communicator skills with superior ability to present to customers, executive team and BioGX team members.
- Customer/Client/Partner Focus.
- Demonstrated Leader and coach.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven as results driven.
- Strategic Thinkers
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, with the ability to relate to both highly educated and unskilled team members.
- Ability to effectively function, manage and resolve conflicts under stressful conditions.
Education and Experience: The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Medical Technology or related field with 10 years of experience in sales, business development and strategic partnerships with progressive management experience.
Language Skills: Must be proficient in writing and communicating in the English language.
Mathematical Skills: Must be consistent with level of education.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work entails regularly performing tasks while working with a computer, desk, laboratory bench or automated machine. Work may involve occasional climbing or balance. Work entails occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. The employee’s sensory modalities (vision, hearing, smell) and physical capabilities (ambulation without mechanical assistance, strength, coordination, dexterity, range of motion) must be sufficient to independently perform duties/functions of the position.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position will involve a combination of office and biotechnology laboratory environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals, blood-borne pathogens, automated equipment, and high levels of noise and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Insurance: Health, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision
- 401(k) with matching
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off